fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Andrea and kids - learning with Soft Mozart

More
17 May 2012 11:35 #3892 by hellene

andreasro wrote: Yes, I've given up pushing things.
Still, A. has made a great progress just after few days. His speed in reacting is increasing each Guess Key School he plays.

Wonderful!

For now I have to teach him the flats and sharps on the piano as he's getting to that level each time I let him continue more than 3 minutes.

It means that he plays on very good speed. But don't teach him anythyng! He will figure everything out.

He's got the idea that the flats and sharps are the black keys, but need to know which one of them exactly to continue playing. Otherwise, he avoids to be frustrated and wants to end the game :P

Ask him to care where the tiny black rectangle is placed ( from the right or the left on the music note). There he supposed to look for the black key.

I'll use LR for teaching him some musical notation things that he encounters either when he's playing or when I'm playing parts of SM software. He's smart and willing enough to learn few of them using LR. I'll also try different methods for this purpose, but not too many, just enough to make it more interesting for him. He's learning faster that I've ever imagined. I never believed, though knew it's possible. Now I see it with my own eyes. Andrea

Imagine, how much other parents are missing without this program! It truly breaking my heart.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 13:01 #3895 by andreasro

hellene wrote: Ask him to care where the tiny black rectangle is placed ( from the right or the left on the music note). There he supposed to look for the black key.

Hellene, can you detail please, I'm not sure I understood well.

hellene wrote: Imagine, how much other parents are missing without this program! It truly breaking my heart.

It will take time, Hellene, but your efforts along with others' will worth while! :)

More
17 May 2012 14:49 #3896 by hellene

andreasro wrote: Hellene, can you detail please, I'm not sure I understood well.

Look closely on the falling notes with sharps and flats. The symbols are placed on the right or on the left on the body of the falling note. It means that the black key should be on the right or on the left from the natural key.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

More
17 May 2012 16:14 - 17 May 2012 16:16 #3897 by andreasro

hellene wrote:

andreasro wrote: Hellene, can you detail please, I'm not sure I understood well.

Look closely on the falling notes with sharps and flats. The symbols are placed on the right or on the left on the body of the falling note. It means that the black key should be on the right or on the left from the natural key.

What a brilliant way to teach us sharps and flats! I didn't pay attention to it :silly:

Your software is based on logic and many useful hints and I believe it uses both sides of the brain even before playing with both hands.
Today I have more reasons to believe that (your) experience (Hellene) says it all, it imprinted the software clearly.
Last edit: 17 May 2012 16:16 by andreasro.

More
17 May 2012 23:14 #3900 by Mandabplus3
Oh yes, it is quite amazing. Even a complete novice is learning these musical bits and pieces by osmosis ;) no instruction needed its all logical. I am still finding the odd surprise after all this time. Clever stuff Hellene :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
10 Aug 2012 09:48 - 10 Aug 2012 10:21 #5181 by andreasro
Hello, here's an update to my experience:
I've been practicing almost daily Hanon #1 exercise and indeed I see that after one month my fingers have started to loosen up, I feel them more relaxed (though not completely so) on the keys.

I usually practice just one hand at a time as my 6.5 months old is sitting usually on my lap :))

I've been practicing chords as Hellene suggested - it's more fun and useful and is boosting my self-confidence. For now I've done Solfeggio Chords 1: C major, D major, E flat major, F major and A minor.

I've played around with transposing some songs from Introductory Songs and I think I get it right.

For the last week I've been practicing Radetsky March.
I got R1 182:182 / 7 the best score yesterday.
I love this song and I'm learning it just for the sake of playing well something harder to feel more at ease with the easier pieces, as Manda was saying in a message some time ago.

Hellene is right, having the scores organized in a notebook is a good thing, I want to do it too. I'm sure that when looking back I'll see better my progress.

DS1 has spent more time outside or on holiday but each time he's at the Guess Key game he's improving. And I've noticed that he's watching me carefully when I do finger exercises - he's trying to imitate me. So, he's to stubborn to listen to me when I can teach him, but he can do it; I just have to wait for "the window of opportunity", the time when he's ready to listen and practice.

When possible, I'll make a video with me playing. For now making videos is like "mission impossible". I need to clone myself to keep the DS2 away from me :)) Or I should keep him on my back in a Mei Tai or wrap while playing piano - this seems to be the last solution :))
By the way, he's touching the keys gently and likes it :) Not to mention he's watching the screen with interest while in Gentle Piano or Guess Key ;)

PS:
My score for today in Note Duration: 13:14 / 1886 points / Level 21 / 24
When playing songs I have to work hard to get the right rythm / the right duration. One thing is what I sing with the voice and what I can play in my mind, and playing with the hands is another...
Hellene, what should I practice more to help myself with that?

Andrea
Last edit: 10 Aug 2012 10:21 by andreasro.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds