fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

Skype Group Call

More
20 Sep 2012 12:41 - 20 Sep 2012 12:47 #5741 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Skype Group Call
Hi Om,

I'm new to Skype too :lol: It's just that I'm a "Google mum". Don't worry, I've looked into the steps needed, and I will make a message or even file with all the instructions needed, begining with making a Skype account if you don't have one, and how to join the video group call.

I've attached the up-to-date table.

So far 3 people agreed on Saturday around 2 p.m. (Olga/The Moon, Arvi and you) so it seems we are going to have a group then :woohoo:

File Attachment:

File Name: SKYPEGROUP...9-20.rtf
File Size:77 KB

I managed to send a message to around 30 members that wrote on the English Forum in "Introduce yourself". I will search to see if someone didn't write there but in other parts of forum and send them message too.

Hellene, can we have an option when writing private messages, like sending to all the friends at least ? It will save us time. I know, the way it is now avoids spam, still, one can send messages to his friends, cause it's not spam right?

Andrea
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Sep 2012 12:47 by andreasro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2012 12:58 #5742 by ariel
Replied by ariel on topic Skype Group Call
Hi everyone,
I am in for Saturday for 2 pm Houston. I just spoke with hubby and it seems google chat allows multiple people. I understand that we just got a subscription for Skype, maybe we can try Skype this time but for next time, learn more about google chat. So hellene would not have o continue buying premium subscription for skype. Here is the link....

www.google.com/talk/about_whatsnew.html

Take care!

More
20 Sep 2012 13:04 #5743 by andreasro

ariel wrote: Hi everyone,
I am in for Saturday for 2 pm Houston. I just spoke with hubby and it seems google chat allows multiple people. I understand that we just got a subscription for Skype, maybe we can try Skype this time but for next time, learn more about google chat. So hellene would not have o continue buying premium subscription for skype. Here is the link....

www.google.com/talk/about_whatsnew.html

Take care!

Thank you ariel for the info and joining, you are 4 now!

Here's the up-to-date table:

File Attachment:

File Name: SKYPEGROUP...20-2.rtf
File Size:77 KB
Attachments:

More
20 Sep 2012 20:46 - 20 Sep 2012 20:47 #5758 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Skype Group Call
I have really good news for you!
Even 2!
Today it happened that we had 3 video Skype conferences with London and St Petersburg (Russia)
It went absolutely great!
All what I have to find out, is it any limitations on participants for video meetings.
Please, help me to investigate, because I am still working on my correspondence ( yes, I know, I need a secretary...)

Second good news: during our Skype meeting I will be showing you how I work with 4 people (they are also members of our forum! Remember, mom of 5?) It will be a lesson with a preschooler, with a 1 grader, with a teen and their mom!

After that I will answer all of your questions!

Andrea, please, help me to find out, how to accommodate people without loosing quality of sound and picture.
How it called? Video conference?
What is webinars? What is the difference?
I don't mind to pay for extra service with Skype to make sure that you will get the most out of it!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 20 Sep 2012 20:47 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
21 Sep 2012 04:56 - 21 Sep 2012 05:31 #5773 by andreasro

hellene wrote: I have really good news for you!
Even 2!
Today it happened that we had 3 video Skype conferences with London and St Petersburg (Russia)
It went absolutely great!
All what I have to find out, is it any limitations on participants for video meetings.
Please, help me to investigate, because I am still working on my correspondence ( yes, I know, I need a secretary...)

It's good you had some experience with video meetings.
I'll look more into the number of participants.

I'll look into the options available, as you'll see below.

hellene wrote: Second good news: during our Skype meeting I will be showing you how I work with 4 people (they are also members of our forum! Remember, mom of 5?) It will be a lesson with a preschooler, with a 1 grader, with a teen and their mom!

After that I will answer all of your questions!

:woohoo: Great! I want to participate too! After 2 p.m., when kids are asleep, at least I can watch and listen and text messages online, so I can learn from you and not wake them up :lol:

hellene wrote: Andrea, please, help me to find out, how to accommodate people without loosing quality of sound and picture.
How it called? Video conference?
What is webinars? What is the difference?
I don't mind to pay for extra service with Skype to make sure that you will get the most out of it!

Here's what I got from an article (there are few more categories, but these 3 below are representative for what you want to do):

"A webinar is primarily an education tool (although they also serve a useful marketing purpose), and uses 2-way communication. [...] it usually means that it is live, rather than recorded because that interaction is important. This includes functionality such as sharing of computer desktops, applications, PowerPoint, chat and polling to create interactivity and get audience feedback.
[edited: webcast is another option, but non-interactive, just one way live stream]

"Videoconferencing- as the name implies, these tools rely on visual contact between the presenter and the audience. They can range from the high end,high-definition Cisco Telepresence and other tools to low-tech Skype, IMeet and others using simple webcams. These tools are best used for small meetings where looking each other in the eye is important.

I will search to see what Skype can offer you so at least many people can see you and chat with you. That's what you need now, right?
When I have more info, I'll post it here.

Andrea
Last edit: 21 Sep 2012 05:31 by andreasro.

More
21 Sep 2012 09:07 #5782 by ariel
Replied by ariel on topic Skype Group Call
Hi everyone, Great job looking forward to conference on Saturday. I am sure you already saw this but the maximum hellene can have is 10 people on video (but they recommend upto 5 for max quality).

I hope to fill out the excel sheet soon. Are we recording our Skype screen name on it? I am on my iPad and it is impossible to edit them from here, I'll get on a computer today.

support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10614/maki...p-video-call-windows

Thanks...

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds