fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

Skype Group Call

More
21 Sep 2012 11:04 - 21 Sep 2012 11:15 #5783 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Skype Group Call

ariel wrote: Hi everyone, Great job looking forward to conference on Saturday. I am sure you already saw this but the maximum hellene can have is 10 people on video (but they recommend upto 5 for max quality).

I hope to fill out the excel sheet soon. Are we recording our Skype screen name on it? I am on my iPad and it is impossible to edit them from here, I'll get on a computer today.

support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10614/maki...p-video-call-windows

Thanks...

If you wrote here it's enough, you're already in the rtf document here attached.
As for the Skype ID, I believe it should remain private, in a message to Hellene. Hellene, what do you think?

Even if max is 10, recommended 5 for quality video call, you can "add people to the conversation." I have to find out what does this mean - either they can see your video and only IM you (and that would be a preferable thing), or they can just IM you.

[added:] And here's one answer: "you could have a max of 25 using audio and 10 of them using video.
Only one person in the video call needs premium to have group video."

Hmm...

Andrea
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Sep 2012 11:15 by andreasro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2012 12:17 - 21 Sep 2012 12:23 #5785 by andreasro
:ohmy: Even in the datasheet to Skype Business video calling they don't offer more than 10 people option...
And here are the system requirements:
"System requirements
Group video calls can be between three or more people (up to a max. of 10), and at least one person on the call needs a group video
calling subscription. For the best quality, we currently recommend video calls with up to five people.

For group video calls with three people, we recommend a minimum connection of 2Mbps downlink, a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz CPU,
a 128MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c (min) graphics card and 1GB of memory.

For group video calls with five people, we recommend a minimum connection of 4Mbps downlink, a Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz CPU,
a 128MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c (min) graphics card and 1GB of memory.

For group video calls with 7 or more people, we recommend a minimum connection of 8Mbps downlink, an Intel i7 CPU,
a 256MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c (min) graphics card and 2GB of memory.
"

And... the 25 people that can attend means voice-only conference, no video...

Not sure it will be necessary this time, but if you have more than 8-10 once, maybe Google hangout or other video conference call software will be a better choice...

[added:] You can record the video chat if you like .
Andrea
Last edit: 21 Sep 2012 12:23 by andreasro.

More
21 Sep 2012 13:18 #5788 by andreasro
A webinar may be a better choice if more than 10 people attend and you want them to see you and them be able to chat with you.

http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/webinar/internet_conference

I thought that you could share your screen and on your screen you have only the video taken with the webcam (I mean the lesson you give live) and after the lesson ends you start a chat with the people watching (around 100 people can attend a webinar using gotomeeting, if I got it right). :lol: Sounds complicated ?

More
21 Sep 2012 15:40 #5789 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Skype Group Call
Today we'll try to prepare for Skype.
We also will try to video the lesson and place it on the You Tube
After this first experience we will be more sure, which route to follow next time!
This is my opinion on that since I won't be able to change everything so quickly due to the very busy schedule.

Back to the Mozart

More
21 Sep 2012 15:49 #5790 by omshree
Replied by omshree on topic Skype Group Call
Hi Hellene and all,
Great! We are looking forward to connect with you via skype.Good to know about your conferencing which went well.Once we get together as a group every one can share something or the other which is new to others.I feel though some of we are new to all these, we will be ok once we start.

I need to register to skype today and let me see how it goes.

Just let me know whether it is video conferencing or one to one call and how to get connected.

Look forward for tomorrow.All have a great day.

Rgds
Om

More
21 Sep 2012 16:12 #5791 by andreasro
The table up-to-date:

File Attachment:

File Name: SKYPEGROUP...21-2.rtf
File Size:70 KB

I will try to inform you all both on forum and in private about how we're joining the call, once Hellene let's me or all know.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds