fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

DD (3 yo) starting with SM - experiences

More
18 Jan 2012 15:44 #1273 by hellene

bk wrote: Thank you all :)

Yesterday I made a video about how she starts playing with both hands. It's the second day of week 3. Besides that we also play with the flashcards and we watch a Little Reader presentation about these flashcards , that she loves! (I think Nadia made the presentation?)

We do also little finger exercices, like Hanon 2 or 3 times, but then she always get confused, and I also get confused with counting to 7 :lol:

You see, it is very hard for her yet to coordinate the two hands to play together. She is also tired after one attempt on playing HCB, but that is ok.

The stickers are selfmade (printed out and sticked to the keyboard), because we are waiting for the original stickers to arrive.

I have to confess: last night, late at night, I opened the emails on my iPhone and suddenly saw your You Tube file. I couldn't resist to take a look at this video.

It is hard to express, how happy I was watching it seeing your little DD playing using 2 hands. My heart always melt when I see, how much indeed our small children can do, if taught properly.

Karma to you and your DD. Awesome video. Thank you for sharing!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 02:54 #1319 by bk
Thank you for your nice words!
On monday we will already begin with week 4! Time flies :cheer:

I will surely keep you updated. At the moment she likes the exercise with 5 fingers (Do to So and back) very much and tries to be as quick as possible. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
01 Mar 2012 20:06 #2293 by bk
Hi everybody,

I haven't been here for one month, but we were exercising every 2. day. My DD can now play Hot Cross Buns and the French Song with both hands, also in view 3. We started now with the Classic Primer, she likes the Slumber Song very much (it's the first one, that we started few days ago). BUT: my problem is, that she only wants to play for a few minutes every day, when she sits on the piano. And as I already wrote, it's like every second day, because she says, she doesn't want to... I'm a bit sad about this, because she really learns quickly...

She also doesn't want to do finger exercices at all at the moment. So I don't know, what to do. I try to motivate her, she sees me playing sometimes (also my husband plays from while to while), we look at videos from kids playing the same songs, etc. Do you have any more ideas?

We don't stick to the curriculum anymore, because that didn't work for us.

More
02 Mar 2012 22:22 #2324 by hellene

bk wrote: Hi everybody,

I haven't been here for one month, but we were exercising every 2. day.

It is pretty good pace!

My DD can now play Hot Cross Buns and the French Song with both hands, also in view 3.

I wish, I could see this! :ohmy:

We started now with the Classic Primer, she likes the Slumber Song very much (it's the first one, that we started few days ago). BUT: my problem is, that she only wants to play for a few minutes every day, when she sits on the piano. And as I already wrote, it's like every second day, because she says, she doesn't want to... I'm a bit sad about this, because she really learns quickly...

After playing using 2 hands Classic Primer could be a bit 'boring' for your DD (believe it or not!) So, let's go to Fav Classic 1 - and try 'Musette'. Let's save Primer for reading notes later.

Few minutes for 3 year old kid is like 3 hours for adult. Compare yours and hers minutes on this planet ;) You have an excellent learner here!

She also doesn't want to do finger exercices at all at the moment. So I don't know, what to do. I try to motivate her, she sees me playing sometimes (also my husband plays from while to while), we look at videos from kids playing the same songs, etc. Do you have any more ideas?

Tell her this story: all the fingers of her hand are different. Pinkies are small 'babies' - thumbs are strong boys and girls. In order for all of them to be friends, we have to make weak fingers stronger and teach strong fingers to work in a team. If she'll play exercises, they will be happy family and Queen of Music will LOVE that and will send her a nice present.

We don't stick to the curriculum anymore, because that didn't work for us.

Curriculum is just a guide, a direction. The most important thing - you keep learning.

Please, write more often. Share your concerns. Once we read your posts and saw your daughter's progress, we are very anxious to see more of the story.

From the distance you can say the difference! :)

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk

More
07 Mar 2012 11:58 #2409 by bk
Hi Hellenne,

Thank you so much for your kind answer. Well, I will surely make a video of her playing different songs with two hands. But at the moment, if she sees the camera, she just stops playing. :dry:

I'm really happy now, because until now, she didn't know, how to hold the chords with left hand, and at the same time play with the right. She always lifted the left hand also. But now, she has learned it. So she can now play much better than before.

We will try Musette, that's a good idea. Yesterday she wanted to play Jingle Bells. It is still a bit complicated for her to play with both hands.

And now she knows, how to play from do to do with the right hand. She loves doing that.

Unfortunately we do very little of music theory or music games, she never likes doing that. Do you have any suggestions, how I could motivate her?

More
30 May 2012 08:28 #4138 by bk
Hi dear community,
Well… I haven't written now for a long time. But my little DD is still playing with SM every second / third day. She has been playing now for about 5 month, BUT unfortunately isn't so motivated anymore.

If I ask her, if she wants to play the piano, she mostly answers "later" or just "no". So sometimes I tell her, she can have a little chocolate or something sweet, if she plays 1-2 songs. But, yeah... that isn't the way to go I suppose. :blush:

What I also do to motivate her:
- show videos of playing children on youtube
- playing myself
- taking a video of her (she sometimes doesn't want this at all, sometimes she loves it and wants to watch, how she played)

Yes, that's it. I don't know what to do else. Do you have some ideas? Also the exercices she doesn't want to do at all, just play 1-2 songs at one sitting and that's it.

Please help! B)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds