fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

DD (3 yo) starting with SM - experiences

More
18 Sep 2012 12:35 #5684 by bk
Dear community,

Well, I'm back again... and still with the same problem as in may. We still play piano 2-3 times a week, but she still doesn't seem to enjoy.

We began in december and since then she maybe played 5 introductory songs and 2-3 nursery songs. The latter only with right hand. I think, she finds it hard to play with both hands.

Also exercices, like Hanon, she doesn't like. Also hard for her, I suppose, she hasn't the patience.

What would you suggest? I even considered to stop for a month or two, but I'm afraid, that she then would be too far behind again.

Please help :-)

BK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 13:48 - 18 Sep 2012 13:57 #5686 by andreasro
Hi,

You can just play some games from time to time, Guess Key 1-3 minutes, or another game, depending on how she can and knows to use the computer.

Taking pauses may help. Your DD is doing great and A LOT for her age! I still can't convince my son to play one song with the right hand but he likes to play the games with Mr. Oops, Guess Key is the one he can play pretty good :P . He doesn't like doing exercises at all. And he's 4! For know I've chosen to practice with him around as he likes to take my place and play or imitates me, which is good to. At least he's always interested in piano and there's no pressure.

If she likes the idea and is appropriate to your DD (I mean if she cooperates), you can choose a song to learn to play for a family recital or as a gift for daddy's or grandpa's birthday or for another persn or occasion that means a lot to her.

A Skype group call with Hellene is helpful and available this weekend! Please write there on the subject if you're interested and when - see there a post with Hellene's offered times.

Andrea
Last edit: 18 Sep 2012 13:57 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk

More
19 Sep 2012 05:48 #5702 by Mandabplus3
By playing anything at all she is developing skills. Please try to remember that. Do you have any video? I was completely shocked to look back over My sons early videos. I had no idea how much he really had improved. Not just in piano scores but in concentration, attention and technique. I truly had no idea! His scores just didn't quite show me his real improvements.
So I think also to just play the games hear and there. Especially guess key. Even for 30 seconds. It develops the brain and hearing and as such gives you child a base to add to with her piano learning. The games are kind of like the building foundations. it's important to have good foundations. ;)
Continue with you same songs a couple of times a week. Also try to find a motivator for her so she wants to play. Yes a family recital may do it...or maybe mummy playing the left hand while she plays the right ( ending in fits of laughter on the floor would be ideal!) one day you will get the surprise of her wanting to try the left hand, itll happen when she is really confident with her right one. Patience and practice, keep going. And get video!

More
19 Sep 2012 08:37 #5706 by bk
Hi Andrea, thank you so much for your answer! :cheer:

andreasro wrote: You can just play some games from time to time, Guess Key 1-3 minutes, or another game, depending on how she can and knows to use the computer.

Taking pauses may help. Your DD is doing great and A LOT for her age! I still can't convince my son to play one song with the right hand but he likes to play the games with Mr. Oops, Guess Key is the one he can play pretty good :P . He doesn't like doing exercises at all. And he's 4! For know I've chosen to practice with him around as he likes to take my place and play or imitates me, which is good to. At least he's always interested in piano and there's no pressure.

Unfortunately she also doesn't like the Guess Key game. We always play for 1 minute, but she says, its sooo boring. Well, she plays it quite well, when she wants, about 60-70 points in 1 min. I told her stories, but that doesn't work anymore... well let's see, maybe we reduce the playtime to half a minute or so..

At least your son enjoys playing. My DD doesn't anymore. Mostly she doesn't want to play just 1 song, I then sometimes give her a candy, when she plays. I know, this isn't the right way. I also show her videos of other children playing.

@Madabplus: Thank you also very much for your answer!

Yes, I will try to remember, if she only plays one songs 2 times a week it is better, then not to play anything. Maybe I'll try to take a video or tell her, she will make a family recital. I hope, that will motivate her without candys or chocolate. :blush:

An other problem is, that we always play the same songs... I don't know... most of the songs are too complicated for her at the moment. Best she likes the songs from introductory. And 1 or 2 from the nursery primer. But we play these since 9 months, I think maybe that's boring her so much. Which songs would you say are easy and fun to play?

More
19 Sep 2012 08:50 #5707 by Mandabplus3
Have you considered using a more complicated song and cutting it? I am thinking some of the Boogie 1 songs would be fun to play for little kids. You could cut just a small phrase of say rock group? Then get her to learn both hands. Some of the boogie 1 songs play right hand and them left but not both together ( I think?) by cutting the songs up into smaller chunks you can extend her and still make it nice and easy for her. And yep the same songs for 9 months would get dull.
Also did you try playing those songs on a different view? Press 2 or 3 and see how she goes.
If she doesn't like guess key try playing fruit lines together. You may need to do the basket moving while she points.
You will need to find a way to get her interest back long term though. If the suggestions don't work maybe getting a friend over to learn too might help. My middle child enjoys piano lessons with her friends best of all. I suppose if you get desperate the " friends" could be her favourite doll who wants to learn piano!

More
19 Sep 2012 08:51 #5708 by Mandabplus3
Oh and did I make it clear enough....TAKE SOME VIDEO!!!!!!! Really this is your number one goal. It is so disheartening not to be able to see progress and I can bet there has been loads of progress!

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds