fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Concerning Actual Music Notation Replacing Images

More
10 Mar 2012 08:31 - 10 Mar 2012 09:07 #2451 by QueRiquita
a snippet from our progress diary www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...limit=6&start=6#2453

i wonder: do children who learn the solfege images still recall them later on and not move away from them into 'adulthood'? i don't necessarily want to create a crutch for my kids, but an aid/tool, to get them 'there'. and if 'there' means that they keep recalling the images (solfege and/or kinderbach) in addition to the true sheet music notations, then is that a big deal? ideally, i'd like those images to be replaced by the actual music sheet images floating in their heads for maximum efficiency for recall (just a theory, since i'm no musician!). does anyone (hellene?) have experience on this and can answer? thanks!
Last edit: 10 Mar 2012 09:07 by QueRiquita.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2012 01:08 #2559 by Mandabplus3
THink of it like this, when you were learning your letters you were probably shown an apple for the letter A to remind you of the sound it makes. This would have been shown on many occasions and mentioned verbally as well. Now when you read the letter A do you still think of the apple? Children and adults will usually only use a picture association until they don't need it any longer, they will always be able to recall and picture it but won't neccessarily use it once their brains have wired in the short cut. You will find this to be the same just more gradual.

More
20 Mar 2012 15:02 #2583 by lzp11
Also, the programme does have a great gradual way to help move away from the images. If you press 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 you will see the progression towards standard notes. As the children improve their skills then you can bring in some sight music teaching as part of the lesson, which uses view 2 or 4 where there are no images. Then when learning more complex new pieces you can switch back to the view with the images to help. This gradual process can definitely build skills in sight reading music. I can sight read (basic) piano music but I don't picture all the notes in my mind individually, I think I see them relative to each other moving along the page like a pattern. Or something like that anyway :blink: :silly:
It's hard to know what's going on in my own mind sometimes :P

More
21 Mar 2012 05:57 #2598 by Mandabplus3
I see them as relative to each other also...I wondered if this hinders or enhances my sight reading practice, but my kids are actively taught that skill from their first piano lesson at school so I figure it can't be all bad ;)

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds