fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 2 with Soft Mozart - Joey Age 31 mo

More
14 Mar 2012 03:20 - 06 Feb 2013 02:27 #2487 by QueRiquita
A BIT ABOUT US: www.softmozart.com/forum/2-introduce-you...-from-va-usa--d.html
OUR SOFTMOZART BEGINNINGS: softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries...tejoey-age-31mo.html
THE PROGRESS THREAD BEFORE THIS: softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries...tejoey-age-31mo.html
WHERE THIS THREAD LEADS: www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...ack--again.html#8228
OUR JOURNEY TO DATE: softmozart.com/profile/1064-queriquita.html - IN OUR STATUS (hope to update our status with each new progress thread)

[/i]

It's a bit funny how everything starts to really blur, especially when a weekend is involved :lol: . The last time I posted was Saturday morning before the kids woke up and now I'm having difficulty recalling what we've done.

So, I'll start my update with the easiest updates:

Kaelie - no real change, still the same 'joy for jamming'.

Daddy - don't think he's practiced since I haven't attempted to beat his score.

Mommy - overwhelmed and exhausted from playing catch-up from a 2 week sick break. still haven't made time to really practice aside from quick pecking here and there and singing solfege with and for joey.

Joey - let's see. there's sat, sun, mon & tue that i need to update.
SAT: hot cross buns 10/15 in 230 time. and a score of 3 :blink: :whistle: :P on the guess the key game. clearly not his thing, yet! soon, though.
SUN: tried to take a day off ... didn't work quite so well. no real keyboard work done. sun night for bedtime, i told him a story about 'a little boy named joey who loved to sing' and how he would sing hot cross buns in solfege and how it sounded.
MON: played hot cross buns goofing off 11/15 with rh only in 120. when he wanted to play again, i noticed that he wanted some of my strawberries, so i told him that he had to play the song again first. he did it with the same score, but in 35 seconds and still was goofing off a bit! YAY! improvement.
TUE: no piano/computer time. busy day. we DID, however, manage to practice singing hot cross buns in solfege.

there ya have it B) hoping for better updates and more progress this week!
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 02:27 by QueRiquita.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2012 08:28 - 15 Mar 2012 08:32 #2529 by Mandabplus3
The food motivator! Well done you managed to use a healthy snack we all resorted to chocolate buttons :)
35 is a great score so now you know what he is capable of, it's a gentle challenge to motivate him to continue at that speed and then go faster. Try listening to the song at the start of each lesson and both singing the solfege in time with it. It helped speed Jaykob up a few more seconds. The singing is very important, even if only you do it for a while :)
The goofing around lessons in time....it'll disappear about two weeks after your hair goes fully grey and you decide to quit for your own sanity :silly:
Did you try putting balls or cars into a bucket, one for each note caught, in the guess key game? A physical object is often needed at such a young age, the game is too abstract for them.
I also found everything sort of blended into a blur. Particularly with 4 of us learning. I found I needed a note book for each kid AND a weekly roster/reward chart to ensure each kid did each activity. For example their reward chart will be missing stickers if one of my kids hasn't done any piano games for a few days, it's easy for me to see at a glance who is slacking off...including me ;)
Last edit: 15 Mar 2012 08:32 by Mandabplus3. Reason: Add info
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
06 Feb 2013 02:40 #8229 by QueRiquita
Manda, geesh ... I didn't take your advice, and look where it's gotten me - no where in ten months! lol

As soon as I finish this, I will be setting up our tracking station! I'm glad to see you guys are still active on the board. Can't wait to read more as we keep our journey going too. :) Thanks for all your wonderful feedback!!

More
06 Feb 2013 02:45 - 06 Feb 2013 02:47 #8230 by QueRiquita
A BIT ABOUT US: www.softmozart.com/forum/2-introduce-you...-from-va-usa--d.html
OUR SOFTMOZART BEGINNINGS: softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries...tejoey-age-31mo.html
THE PROGRESS THREAD BEFORE THIS: softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries...tejoey-age-31mo.html
WHERE THIS THREAD LEADS: www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...ack--again.html#8228
OUR JOURNEY TO DATE: softmozart.com/profile/1064-queriquita.html - IN OUR STATUS (hope to update our status with each new progress thread)

[/i]
Thoughts for the Week -- er 10 months? B) :
Well, it's been ten months, but I'm looking forward to this being the year that I can reflect upon and say, "Yup, taught them to play the piano!" Of course, everyone will know that it will be thanks to all of you, since there's no way we'd even be back here without all of you all. ;) So, yup, I'm hopeful. Now, my biggest question for the err week: Do I start my weeks all over? What week are we on now - Week 1, Week 3, or Week 43? lol.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 02:47 by QueRiquita.

More
06 Feb 2013 10:39 #8250 by andreasro

QueRiquita wrote: A BIT ABOUT US: www.softmozart.com/forum/2-introduce-you...-from-va-usa--d.html

[/i]
Thoughts for the Week -- er 10 months? B) :
Well, it's been ten months, but I'm looking forward to this being the year that I can reflect upon and say, "Yup, taught them to play the piano!" Of course, everyone will know that it will be thanks to all of you, since there's no way we'd even be back here without all of you all. ;) So, yup, I'm hopeful. Now, my biggest question for the err week: Do I start my weeks all over? What week are we on now - Week 1, Week 3, or Week 43? lol.

:P Just keep us posted with what happens this semester ;)
Step by step, month by month, some of you will surprise us till May recital ;)

We're here, you know? Just ask for help when you need it! :kiss:

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds