fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
06 Jan 2012 19:56 - 06 Jan 2012 19:59 #937 by NadiaD
Yesterday Isabella tried to play OtJ and FS for the first time, so today she played them much better.
She also played HCB on 2nd setting using 2 hands, with me singing all the notes in Solfeggio for her. Playing P2 is something new, so she liked that the notes can "hide" :)

Here are our GPiano scores of Day 5/ Week 4 using Soft Mozart:

File Attachment:

these are scores from yesterday, you clearly can see improvement:

File Attachment:

keep singing solfeggio when songs are being played.

DD always sings the notes names and enjoys doing it, I sing with her too, to help her to stay focused on playing ;)
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 19:59 by NadiaD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 20:28 - 06 Jan 2012 20:28 #939 by hellene
Nadia, I saw you video posted on brillkids.
Let your DD sing only melody, when she is playing with both hands. The chords have to be percepted as a unit.
Later on I will introduce all of the learners to some stories about the chords. We are going to do it towards the summer activities.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 20:28 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
06 Jan 2012 21:57 #944 by Mandabplus3
I saw the video too and am just amazed at the progress she has made. Her fingers are SOOOOO much more confident and stronger. She is clearly in control. Loved it. I also thought that singing the cords would be difficult HOWEVER I can see a use for naming them like that while learning the left hand section of the piece. So far I was just saying these two and those two!

More
06 Jan 2012 22:38 - 06 Jan 2012 22:42 #948 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: I will write later tonight, this is just new videos of Isabella playing HCB with 2 hands:

(excuse our open door to the bathroom, we usually keep it open so she can run to use the potty, and I forgot to close it when was filming... :oops: )

Nadia, I have no idea, how in the world I could miss these two videos on our forum!
I think, they are absolutely awesome!
Just recently you were asking me questions about playing with the left hand and now your DD plays both!
2 big fat Karmas to you and your DD!

PS I would not even notice the door 'till I read about it. We all have bothrooms, but rarely 2 year old toddlers playing piano :P

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 22:42 by hellene.

More
07 Jan 2012 09:59 #953 by Mandabplus3
Oh wow she is incredible! Go Isabella! Not only playing with two hands but singing in solfege! Yay! I missed the second video where were you hiding it? ( oh I know behind the toilet door! :P ) the improvement in just a couple of weeks is amazing. Oh and I can see things Isabella does better than my Tiana too. She is confident with every key and not afraid to press the wrong note. My girls are too cautious. Isabella is raw! Also she looks much cuter playing it ;) Not that we are comparing children of course! well done to you both!

More
08 Jan 2012 03:56 #967 by NadiaD
These are Isabella's Scores for today, Day 6/ Week 4 of Soft Mozart:

These are from yesterday, as you can see there is no much improvement, but the scores are pretty good...

Yesterday, Day 5 she scored 70, and today, Day 6- 86 points on Guess the Key game. Looks like she is getting more familiar with the piano keys...

Today she did couple of round of Hanon 1 exercise, I was helping her to count the "stretch, 1,2,.." and to place the correct fingers on the keys. She did not mind it, which is for us is a big progress!
Today She also watched LR SM Solfege files, thank you Sonya!

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds