fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
30 Jan 2012 22:07 #1528 by hellene
Great, Nadia! One small step at a time
In Russian: валиком - валиком и дом покрашен! ;)

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2012 04:43 #1708 by NadiaD
Ladies,
Thank you very much for kind words of encouragement!
I confess it is not easy to always keep this thread updated.
Sometimes I feel bad to post all the same posts...
This week I am not writing down the scores, the score numbers are huge :silly:
But I am happy that we are able to play 2-3 introductory songs a day.
We are playing with 2 hands on presentation 1. Singing names of played notes in Solfege.
Will keep you posted on our progress!

More
04 Feb 2012 06:09 #1709 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Ladies,
Thank you very much for kind words of encouragement!
I confess it is not easy to always keep this thread updated.
Sometimes I feel bad to post all the same posts...
This week I am not writing down the scores, the score numbers are huge :silly:
But I am happy that we are able to play 2-3 introductory songs a day.
We are playing with 2 hands on presentation 1. Singing names of played notes in Solfege.
Will keep you posted on our progress!

Nadia, why did I see it coming? ;)

Yes, it is like a small miracle... first it is pretty amusing and after that you just get used to it and do not see the miracle happening any longer (2-3 introductory songs!!! WOW!).

"Big deal?'... Isabella is not playing Bach yet! :lol:

I also have a daughter. She is 24 now. Do you know what did I truly regret now? I used to keeping her diary: any new word that she said - any discovery that she made, any small progress in learning... But I gave up... Since the progress was not as fast as I assumed it should be and gradual changes were... well... too gradual... I lost sense of appreciation, excitement.

It happens with every parent. We call it 'stucked in routine'...

Now I so wish that I would get back in time and record these tiny changes.

Nadia, video record Isabella! What seems for you as like no progress, looks differently from outside for all of us. In 2-3 years you will be surprised to watch these videos again! You will see things from 'outside the box'

Enjoy every moment with your kids' experience and especially when they are doing something comprehensive. Praise them and watch every little change.

If I would watch the videos, I will be able to find many changes, I think. Now. I think that I got smarter now as a parent :P

I am looking forward to hear from you! Even if it is just 'tiny steps' in learning...

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
04 Feb 2012 15:30 #1720 by NadiaD
Yes, Hellene!

You are absolutely right! You got my situation!

More
05 Feb 2012 20:05 #1740 by lzp11
Nadia, Hellene is absolutely right! I completely understand how you can start to feel despondent at the lack of 'progress' and then lose touch with the miracle that is your little girl playing piano with two hands at such a young age!

Don't forget that learning any complex skill is never a linear process. People do not simply get better and better each time. There are peaks, troughs and plateaus. Sometimes it feels like we are getting worse rather than better. But whilst this is happening then something new is being learned, even if it is not apparent or obvious right away. This is as true for adults as well as for children. All the studies show that what makes greatness, even more than innate ability is persistence and patience and practice, and finding ways to steadily overcome obstacles is as important as making big leaps forwards.

Keep going, you and your daughter are making amazing progress :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
06 Feb 2012 03:45 #1749 by NadiaD
@ Lee

what makes greatness, even more than innate ability is persistence and patience and practice, and finding ways to steadily overcome obstacles is as important as making big leaps forwards.

Copied , enlarged and printed out for myself :)

Steady moving forward ...

This coming week I will focus even more on creative ways to engage my DD in piano playing! She really liked fruit lines. Note alphabet was not her favorite... I would like to suggest if possible in future upgrades of the program to modify Note alphabet Game that you will be able to pick Vertical or horizontal way the Notes on the Staff are presented, or at least that in the beginning of the game Staff stays in vertical position a bit longer, at least 2-3 minutes.
Like this younger children will have chance to master the note alphabet first in vertical position... In order to practice more I always was restarting the game as soon as staff presentation was switched to horizontal way...

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds