fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
06 Feb 2012 09:39 #1752 by Mandabplus3
Yes Nadia I agree it does jump around a bit and quite early in the game too. My kids love it for the pictures.
Fruit line may be just the trick, my kids love it as do I :cheer: Also check out some of the new games loaded on the weekend..and then dream about an interactive white board ;) they played well on the computer but you may need to help Isabella unless she is good with a mouse.
Great quote!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 21:42 #1759 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: @ Lee

what makes greatness, even more than innate ability is persistence and patience and practice, and finding ways to steadily overcome obstacles is as important as making big leaps forwards.

Copied , enlarged and printed out for myself :)

Steady moving forward ...

This coming week I will focus even more on creative ways to engage my DD in piano playing!

She really liked fruit lines.

:ohmy: 2-year-old baby? WOW! This game is very challenging!

Note alphabet was not her favorite...

It's OK. Cards is good enough to learn the sequence of music notes and keys at this point.

I would like to suggest if possible in future upgrades of the program to modify Note alphabet Game that you will be able to pick Vertical or horizontal way the Notes on the Staff are presented, or at least that in the beginning of the game Staff stays in vertical position a bit longer, at least 2-3 minutes.

Yes, we are planning to tailor the games for different age groups.

Like this younger children will have chance to master the note alphabet first in vertical position... In order to practice more I always was restarting the game as soon as staff presentation was switched to horizontal way...

You also can take it easy and let the game to slow down till it will give your DD more room and help and see, what is going to happen. ;)

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
08 Feb 2012 03:31 #1811 by NadiaD
We keep playing introductory songs with 2 hands.

Little by little I am managing to increase the piano time, so hopefully DD will get better. She has her skill improving, but her attitude towards lessons is not serious, well she is a child....

This week I manage to super motivate DD with Lego :) - thanks, Manda. I did not do sticker chart, because she is still not getting idea of long term reward. She wants to be rewarded right there right now....
We got her this cute Lego set as a "present" last weekend and she would not want to do anything else, but play with it.
www.amazon.com/Lego-Duplo-Ultimate-Build...id=1328675442&sr=1-1
Well , when she was taking a nap I hid the Lego. Of course, the first thing she asked for when she woke up was Lego. So I explained that she will get back her "present" if she played the piano, her answer was: "I do not want Present." "Well great, so you are not getting it...'' In about 5 min. my DD comes downstairs, saying cheerfully : "Mom, I play piano. and starts to sing HCB in solfeggio. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, she does practice but still being silly, but I am sure we will get it under control somehow....

More
10 Feb 2012 03:32 #1845 by Mandabplus3
Oh that makes me laugh :) Jaykob filled his reward chart and got his Lego, he was super excited! It did get tricky on day 6 when he wanted it now, but he was good day 7 he filled every space for me before 9 am :woohoo: I even got him to play two piano games to fill a hole on another day!
I often wonder how I can capitalize on the sillyness. I am sure that some of the silly things they do could be turned to our advantage if we knew more! Some days he drives me nuts other days I can laugh it off. Once his silliness resulted in his best ever score....he was playing faster than superman! I try to encourage this one! I understand your frustration it's hard to see the improvement sometimes. I have faith that like teaching reading it is all in there somewhere!

More
11 Feb 2012 01:22 #1873 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh that makes me laugh :) Jaykob filled his reward chart and got his Lego, he was super excited! It did get tricky on day 6 when he wanted it now, but he was good day 7 he filled every space for me before 9 am :woohoo: I even got him to play two piano games to fill a hole on another day!
I often wonder how I can capitalize on the sillyness. I am sure that some of the silly things they do could be turned to our advantage if we knew more! Some days he drives me nuts other days I can laugh it off. Once his silliness resulted in his best ever score....he was playing faster than superman! I try to encourage this one! I understand your frustration it's hard to see the improvement sometimes. I have faith that like teaching reading it is all in there somewhere!

Well, after more then 30 years of teaching I have to tell you: IT IS THERE.

Back to the Mozart

More
11 Feb 2012 01:27 #1874 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: We keep playing introductory songs with 2 hands.

Wonderful! One phrase, but so much in it! ;)

Little by little I am managing to increase the piano time, so hopefully DD will get better. She has her skill improving, but her attitude towards lessons is not serious, well she is a child....

What is exactly happening? Maybe, we together will find some solution for attitude improvement?

This week I manage to super motivate DD with Lego :) - thanks, Manda. I did not do sticker chart, because she is still not getting idea of long term reward. She wants to be rewarded right there right now....

This is typical toddler! :lol: How can we forget?

We got her this cute Lego set as a "present" last weekend and she would not want to do anything else, but play with it.
www.amazon.com/Lego-Duplo-Ultimate-Build...id=1328675442&sr=1-1
Well , when she was taking a nap I hid the Lego. Of course, the first thing she asked for when she woke up was Lego. So I explained that she will get back her "present" if she played the piano, her answer was: "I do not want Present." "Well great, so you are not getting it...'' In about 5 min. my DD comes downstairs, saying cheerfully : "Mom, I play piano. and starts to sing HCB in solfeggio. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This lady is going to be woman - president of United States! :lol:

Well, she does practice but still being silly, but I am sure we will get it under control somehow....

Small gradual steps... Way to go, Isabella!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds