fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
27 Jan 2012 05:02 #1421 by NadiaD
WOW!

I haven't been updating our progress diary for a while...

I will be updating daily this thread from now on.

For the past weeks we were mainly focusing on playing the songs using Gentle Piano. DD sings the solfege while playing.

Also my DD likes just to sing the songs in Solfege even if we are not doing a piano. I try myself learn the songs in solfege, to make sure that she learns proper order.

We have been using Solfege image Rows , created by Sonya to practice Note Alphabet. We did story retelling and coloring pages from "Kingdom of Tune " Book.

Our main Challenges:

Any type of finger exercises... DD do not want to follow instructions on how to do the exercises, refuses to do them...

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Note Alphabet order : DD still can not put the cards in order by herself...

Tomorrow is a new day and this is my plan for tomorrow:

1. Work on note sequence using flashcards and Note sequence Rows.
2. Play FS, HCB, OtoJ using both hands and singing names of played notes.
3. Try to convince DD to try to do the Hanon at least once.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2012 06:58 #1423 by Mandabplus3
Ok try this one for Hannon tell her her fingers are going for a walk, they are wearing their very best high heal shoes ( or prettiest ballet slippers) and never to let them get wet. Then walk the fingers up and down the piano with you calling out puddle every time she needs to skip a key. It might work but if not I would try just having her practice walking her fingers up and down the piano using all her fingers, it better than nothing :)
Hellene how hard would it be to make the Hannon excersize into a gentle piano song? Prhaps the visual would help the little kids. Plus then they would have a score and a speed to beat!
Now as for the putting cards in order. If she knows the order and can't put the cards in order then that is a age based barrier rather than a problem. Jaykob will only put them in order with his sisters help but in the car he sings the solfege in order up and ( mostly) back. It is a much more complicated task to create an note alphabet than to copy one! It's like getting the spelling test on Monday and getting the words to practice after :) You could try what we did in the video with the solfege people under Jaykobs post. Put one note down then sing to find the next one, then sing to find the next one and so on. Doing this Jaykob can do most of it himself ( that doesn't mean he will though! Lol )
Also try putting most of them in order ( thinking out loud while you do it) and challenge her to finish it ( perhaps while you run an errand or make their lunch).
I think it's great that she is doing soooo wonderfully with the actual piano part! She is better at the opposite bits to all the other kids on the forum :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
28 Jan 2012 00:48 #1449 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: WOW!

I haven't been updating our progress diary for a while...

Yes, I think, we all missed your posts, Nadia!

I will be updating daily this thread from now on.

:woohoo:

For the past weeks we were mainly focusing on playing the songs using Gentle Piano. DD sings the solfege while playing.

great!

Also my DD likes just to sing the songs in Solfege even if we are not doing a piano. I try myself learn the songs in solfege, to make sure that she learns proper order.

It is very good skill for both of you!

We have been using Solfege image Rows , created by Sonya to practice Note Alphabet. We did story retelling and coloring pages from "Kingdom of Tune " Book.

How is your DD percept the book so far?

Our main Challenges:

Any type of finger exercises... DD do not want to follow instructions on how to do the exercises, refuses to do them...

Music money! Every time right move have to be rewarded. Wrong move has to be charged :P

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Note Alphabet order : DD still can not put the cards in order by herself...

Tomorrow is a new day and this is my plan for tomorrow:

1. Work on note sequence using flashcards and Note sequence Rows.
2. Play FS, HCB, OtoJ using both hands and singing names of played notes.

WOW!

3. Try to convince DD to try to do the Hanon at least once.

Tell her that Queen of music - Tonica - wants to see her fingers playing exercises. ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Jan 2012 01:16 #1450 by hellene

Bossa wrote: Isabella did a great job. The improvement is obvious. And she is singing solfeggio!!! I find it hard, however, to sing both chords and melody together as it made things slower for my daughter. But I see the point of doing it for smaller kids. It makes it easier to memorize and not got lost. later, when she is more confident, you may try to sing only the melody as Hellene advised.
We can see how wonderful this program is. It gives the opportunity to teach music to very small kids while at home by moms or dads, that I consider to be very important.

You are exactly right!
For years our kids can learn letters of the Alphabet and reading with the help and/or support of their parents.
But music beginning is made expensive and under supervision of professionals. Any parent can do it, so the way music education is being set has to be changed once and for all!
These days are over now... :P

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Jan 2012 01:48 #1451 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Ok try this one for Hannon tell her her fingers are going for a walk, they are wearing their very best high heal shoes ( or prettiest ballet slippers) and never to let them get wet. Then walk the fingers up and down the piano with you calling out puddle every time she needs to skip a key. It might work but if not I would try just having her practice walking her fingers up and down the piano using all her fingers, it better than nothing :)

Good idea! But this would work for motivation. In the process of learning the best approach for me is MONEY! Made a right move - have a music $ - made a mistake - woops, police stopped the car and you have to pay fine... in war as in war :P

Hellene how hard would it be to make the Hannon excersize into a gentle piano song? Prhaps the visual would help the little kids. Plus then they would have a score and a speed to beat!

I will think about it... But the point is: people have to start ir even before they get - install - run the software. Also, there is a pattern there and I think to memorize and follow it by heart is supposed to be FUN! :S

Now as for the putting cards in order. If she knows the order and can't put the cards in order then that is a age based barrier rather than a problem.

Agree

Jaykob will only put them in order with his sisters help but in the car he sings the solfege in order up and ( mostly) back. It is a much more complicated task to create an note alphabet than to copy one! It's like getting the spelling test on Monday and getting the words to practice after :)

Good point!

You could try what we did in the video with the solfege people under Jaykobs post. Put one note down then sing to find the next one, then sing to find the next one and so on. Doing this Jaykob can do most of it himself ( that doesn't mean he will though! Lol )
Also try putting most of them in order ( thinking out loud while you do it) and challenge her to finish it ( perhaps while you run an errand or make their lunch).

exactly! it is like teaching the kid the language of your tong... sooner or later he/she will 'get' what you were trying to communicate

I think it's great that she is doing soooo wonderfully with the actual piano part! She is better at the opposite bits to all the other kids on the forum :P

yes! it impressive!

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Jan 2012 01:57 - 28 Jan 2012 01:58 #1452 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: I will try your suggestion Manda and hope you will get the video!

To be honest, with Isabella the better she does things the more she likes it.

Nadia, all learners (not even children) exactly the same way!

Second thing about her that sometimes she does not want to practice because the idea comes from me, and she does not like to be told what to do. It is kind of cute , but I do not like to encourage this kind of behavior. I want to raise obedient child and I have big task at hand because she is very strong willed. During the day I give her plenty opportunities to have her way, but there are things that are not optional , and the piano practice is one of them. In the beginning I kept our piano time very short, fun, with rewards, etc. But now, since she became better at it, she agrees to practice even more time than I expect of her...

I have to agree with this, because there is always a very fine line between obligation and desire. We can't always follow the child's will. Children love candies more then turnips, kids don't like to brush teeth. Should we just follow their lead?

No... Education is like a grass: if you won't work on your yard every week you won't have nice grass, just weeds.

I am for fun and creative approaches to learn staff (this is why I came up with this invention on the first place), but being focused, organized and constantly challenged is also very important!

I read somewhere that the happy kids are growing in families with structure and discipline. Kids ought to know the RULES. Otherwise they feel insecure and depressed.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 28 Jan 2012 01:58 by hellene.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds