fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
09 Jan 2012 00:52 #997 by Bossa
Isabella did a great job. The improvement is obvious. And she is singing solfeggio!!! I find it hard, however, to sing both chords and melody together as it made things slower for my daughter. But I see the point of doing it for smaller kids. It makes it easier to memorize and not got lost. later, when she is more confident, you may try to sing only the melody as Hellene advised.
We can see how wonderful this program is. It gives the opportunity to teach music to very small kids while at home by moms or dads, that I consider to be very important.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2012 11:50 #1157 by NadiaD
I haven't been posting a lot about our learning for the past couple days, but it does not mean that we did not do our activities! :)

Days 1 to 5 / Week 5 of SoftMozart.

A. Theory:

We have been learning to put cards from Re to Re/ Mi to Mi/ Fa to Fa in ascending and descending order while listening to Music Alphabet chant. We used SM flashcards, solfege dolls and solfege presents for that. No magor breakthroughs to report, but DD enjoys these activities.
Since I made the print outs or Solfege Rows, kindly created by Sonya, we have been using those to recite the Music Alphabet as well.

We played Note Alphabet Game every day : I am showing to Isabella how to navigate the keys to put the notes in the right order, we are doing it for a minute or so a day, completing only the puzzles that have notes in horizontal way. She likes the activity, but can not do it on her own yet.

B. Finger Exercises:

We're keep playing the GK game. Now Isabella likes it. Usually we do 2 min a day ( 1 min with her LH, 1 min with her RH). Isabella improved greatly in this Game. Now she is getting score around 90 points per minute with either hand.

We're keep working on Hanon exercise and Do to Sol 5 finger exercise. I place her fingers on the right keys... Isabella does not like to follow instructions... but i am pretty sure that if she wanted to she could play both of the exercises by herself , but I am still waiting for that magic moment to happen :lol:

C. Piano performance with Gentle Piano.

Isabella have been practicing playing Ode to Joy, French Song, Jingle Bells and HCB using both hands.
She have been playing HCB on "2" mode, she loves it, but of course she can not read it yet, I am singing the notes in solfege for her, and she plays them.

D. Historical/ Cultural, using the book "the Kingdom of Tune"

I finally got the folder with sheet protector sleeves to keep the colored pages of the Kingdom of Tune organized. So now we have the first 4 colored pages with corresponding story text in one place, I keep additional uncolored printouts of the book there as well, and about once a day we reach for a book and retell story about each of the colored pages.

More
14 Jan 2012 21:26 #1179 by Mandabplus3
Oh Nadia You have a two year old who plays Mozart! Wooohooo!
So she is playing 4 songs now! She must really be enjoying playing the piano to get that much out of a two year old. Great stuff. Great progress.
So she likes guess key now? Why do you think that is? My two just arent that fussed on it ( but love fruit lines) I am wondering if I should keep pushing or wait until they want to play it? And play other games in the meantime. I am sure Jaykob doesn't like it because he finds it hard. Tiana gets flustered as it gets faster.
If you want Isabella to play Hannon alone tell her you need a video to show the birdy girl, then step back and record :) that's how I get my girls to sing solfege! :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
14 Jan 2012 22:08 #1181 by NadiaD
I will try your suggestion Manda and hope you will get the video!

To be honest, with Isabella the better she does things the more she likes it.
Second thing about her that sometimes she does not want to practice because the idea comes from me, and she does not like to be told what to do. It is kind of cute , but I do not like to encourage this kind of behavior. I want to raise obedient child and I have big task at hand because she is very strong willed. During the day I give her plenty opportunities to have her way, but there are things that are not optional , and the piano practice is one of them. In the beginning I kept our piano time very short, fun, with rewards, etc. But now, since she became better at it, she agrees to practice even more time than I expect of her...

More
14 Jan 2012 22:19 #1183 by Mandabplus3
I love the strong willed children. They certainly are a handful but I love to know I am raising independent thinkers. I also try to give them plenty of room for personality but also set definite expectations each day. Consistency helps with the power struggles.
Piano practice has become and expectation here, what I need to work on is the "when" it gets done. At the moment we are on holiday so it's pretty flexible as school goes back I will need to enforce time slots. I made up a template to trial that should communicate clearer expectations to us all. Will upload it, would love to see if it can be improved...
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
14 Jan 2012 22:30 - 25 Jan 2012 05:06 #1184 by NadiaD

Piano practice has become and expectation here, what I need to work on is the "when" it gets done. At the moment we are on holiday so it's pretty flexible as school goes back I will need to enforce time slots

I am staying at home with kids, it is winter, so we mostly at home.
That is why plenty gets done!
For me the most helpful was to set the list of activities that need to be done during the day. I am marking them done during the day.
Piano practice after breakfast works the best for us. We do huge chunk during that time, and the remaining activities I am adding throughout the day.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2012 05:06 by NadiaD.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds