fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

2 year old Isabella learning with Soft Mozart

More
28 Dec 2011 08:31 - 14 Jan 2012 22:57 #731 by NadiaD
You can see a record of my 2 year old
Isabella's 1st week of learning piano with SM here:

softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experie...ddler-28-months.html

and her 2nd week of learning piano with SM here:

softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experie...ddler-28-months.html

Days 1 and 2 / Week 3 of SoftMozart.

For the past 2 days we were focused on Week 3 lesson plan:

C. Piano Piano Performance with Gentle Piano.

This week my DD started to play using both hands.
JB is her favorite song. But since it is longer than HCB, I decided to start our practice with HCB. We listened to HCB and played it with L and then R hand. I am still amazed how fast her playing with L hand improved... Then we listened to HCB and I played it with both hands. Then my DD tried to play it for the first time. I was guiding her hands, holding them lightly at the wrists to get her to understand what she supposed to do.
Then she played it buy herself with me singing solfeggio and pointing out the notes. So there was a lot of involvement from my side. Tomorrow I will let her to go on her own pace, and will start to record results.

B.Finger exercises.

1. The Guess Key Game, most of the time DD is not interested :( ...
Today I was playing it and she was watching, time to time pressing the right key, then she wanted to give it a try and played for half a minute or so, then she did not wanted it again...

I really hope that Manda or Bossa will post a video of their kids playing the Guess Key game, hopefully that will help...

Haven't started Hanon 1 practice yet, though I 've learned it.
What is the best thing to do in our case: Introduce Hanon or keep improving 5 finger exercise that DD still does not do by herself yet?
Also, I would like to know your opinion: should we proceed in Theory by lesson plan( Re to Re), or should I stay with DO to Do until DD gets good grip of the first, or do both at the same time?

Did not do anything on Theory/ Historical/ Cultural part of the lesson plan, will catch up on it tomorrow.

I am really happy that I started SM program with my daughter. It helps us to work on building up qualities as concentration and persistence at task; finishing what you started, listening and following instructions.
Also it made me more focused on developing my daughter fine motor skills: not only we try to play more piano, but also for the past couple weeks we've been using play dough, crayons, flashcards manipulatives, puzzles.

We have been listening to more classical music, which is very easy to do, just pick a song from the SM song library and press S. I think we can also add this to a weekly lesson plan, smth like listening to a certain music piece and learning more about the composer who wrote it, and may be do some portrait coloring or drawing while listening to the music, telling what you understood about the music, etc.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2012 22:57 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chadabbi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 21:16 #736 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Days 1 and 2 / Week 3 of SoftMozart.

For the past 2 days we were focused on Week 3 lesson plan:

This week my DD started to play using both hands.
JB is her favorite song. But since it is longer than HCB, I decided to start our practice with HCB. We listened to HCB and played it with L and then R hand. I am still amazed how fast her playing with L hand improved... Then we listened to HCB and I played it with both hands. Then my DD tried to play it for the first time. I was guiding her hands, holding them lightly at the wrists to get her to understand what she supposed to do.
Then she played it buy herself with me singing solfeggio and pointing out the notes. So there was a lot of involvement from my side. Tomorrow I will let her to go on her own pace, and will start to record results.

Sounds good. Did she experience difficulty, where on the right hand she had to play Do three times and hold the keys of the Left hand down at the same time? Some of the toddlers have this problem for a long time.

B.Finger exercises.

1. The Guess Key Game, most of the time DD is not interested :( ...
Today I was playing it and she was watching, time to time pressing the right key, then she wanted to give it a try and played for half a minute or so, then she did not wanted it again...

In fact, this is a good idea: to play Guess Key taking turns. Are you writing the results down? Anyway, next months is going to be Note Alphabet time and we’ll get back to the Guess year next school year…

I really hope that Manda or Bossa will post a video of their kids playing the Guess Key game, hopefully that will help...

Yes, it would be great! But for now you have 2 year old Kirill:

Haven't started Hanon 1 practice yet, though I 've learned it.
What is the best thing to do in our case: Introduce Hanon or keep improving 5 finger exercise that DD still does not do by herself yet?

When teaching toddlers it is better to introduce MANY different activities and spend little time on each. I would start learning Hanon from the following little steps:
a. Press Do with your thumb and ask DD to take your hand off the key
b. Ask your DD to press Do with her thumb and check, if she had ‘stick’ to the key
c. Recite time to time ‘Stretch 1 2 3 4 5 6 7’

Also, I would like to know your opinion: should we proceed in Theory by lesson plan( Re to Re), or should I stay with DO to Do until DD gets good grip of the first, or do both at the same time?[/b]

… from Do and Re and Mi… They like changes in this age. Even if they watching YOU do it, they are learning. This is the age of observations.

Did not do anything on Theory/ Historical/ Cultural part of the lesson plan, will catch up on it tomorrow.
I am really happy that I started SM program with my daughter. It helps us to work on building up qualities as concentration and persistence at task; finishing what you started, listening and following instructions.
Also it made me more focused on developing my daughter fine motor skills: not only we try to play more piano, but also for the past couple weeks we've been using play dough, crayons, flashcards manipulatives, puzzles.

The program combines structure with flexibility. Feel free to tailor the lesson plan to your DD pace.

We have been listening to more classical music, which is very easy to do, just pick a song from the SM song library and press S. I think we can also add this to a weekly lesson plan, smth like listening to a certain music piece and learning more about the composer who wrote it, and may be do some portrait coloring or drawing while listening to the music, telling what you understood about the music, etc.

Yes, the most effective learning process involves past, current and future materials. When kids have opportunity to listen new pieces and keeping in mind that one day they want to play them, they set higher goals in learning. This is why we decided to sale the Full version of the program VS shorter one.
To listen/play the pieces and read about composers is a wonderful idea, Nadia!
Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 21:58 #741 by NadiaD
Today I got chance to take this video:

Isabella was not in a mood to perform for the camera, so this is not her best take.

More
28 Dec 2011 22:08 #742 by hellene
Nadia,
I watched the video and I think that your DD made great progress. She coordinates both hands!
Wonderful!
Suggestion: please, get in Walgreens or a store like this the stickers in form of little dots. Place them on Do Fa and Sol for the left hand. She needs a little more of visual support, because she has to look for 2 keys now.

Here is a video of teaching a 3 year old kid to play HCB using two hands. Hope, it would help you:

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD

More
28 Dec 2011 22:18 #743 by NadiaD
thank you , Hellene for suggestion.
I completely forgot about them. Karma to you!
I am sure with those stickers things will go much smoother!

More
29 Dec 2011 05:42 #750 by NadiaD

"Sounds good. Did she experience difficulty, where on the right hand she had to play Do three times and hold the keys of the Left hand down at the same time? Some of the toddlers have this problem for a long time."

Yes, she did the same way as Isabel in the video, she was not holding the left hand down all the time as she supposed to. I hope we will overcome it soon...

In fact, this is a good idea: to play Guess Key taking turns. Are you writing the results down? Anyway, next months is going to be Note Alphabet time and we’ll get back to the Guess year next school year…

I am sure she will start to show interest for the Guess... game at some point. At the moment she just catches couple fruits and then refuses to do it, so I do not pressure her, I play it myself and she watches.

Thank you for the video of Kirill playing the game and for instructions how to introduce Hanon exercise to her! We will start tomorrow!

Days 3 / Week 3 of SoftMozart.

Today we practiced playing HCB with 2 hands many times. I placed the stickers on Do Fa and Sol for the left hand, as Hellene suggested and it helped a lot. Today I was not writing down the results. I will definitely do it tomorrow.

My DD daughter gladly did coloring activity from the book "Kingdom of Tune."

We did review the solfeggio from Do to Do and from Re to Re .

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds